Values & Culture
Our Vision is:
Myers Lister Price Solicitors is based in Altrincham, providing a full range of services to private and commercial clients. We have the time to listen, understand and deliver innovative solutions to our clients needs.
Our team consists of highly skilled ex-city centre partners and solicitors in the centre of commercial Altrincham. We take a hands-on approach to client matters, we understand that for some clients it is daunting to see a solicitor and so put our clients at ease to make them feel at home here.
Our lawyers have direct dial numbers, we answer our calls and with a state of the art case management system, this enables anyone in the firm to give clients factual information about their case ensuring we are always there for our clients.
We understand that clients want to pay for real progress, with this in mind we manage expectation to ensure clients pay for progress and not work in progress. We are skilled at providing realistic cost estimates. We write in clear English so that our clients understand and know what we expect in terms of instruction & communication.
Our partners have a strong commercial acumen and understand the needs of owner managers, we are owner managers ourselves with similar issues, along with understanding the needs of Entrepreneurs who do not want the legal process to get in the way. Committed to Lexcel, we seek out and achieve accreditation in many of the areas we practice.
Latest MLP Solicitors News
- December 5th, 2013Small Business Saturday
- December 4th, 2013How much inheritance tax will I pay?
The number of estates affected by Inheritance Tax is set to double from the current level of 21,000 per year to 42,000 in 2016/17. According to accountancy experts, this increase … Read more
- November 29th, 2013Always Read the Fine Print
US citizen Jen Palmer recently found herself subject to a $3,500 fine for posting a negative online review. In 2008 Jen Palmer ordered some items from KlearGear.com. After the items … Read more
- November 11th, 2013MLP Injury Lawyers and MLP Solicitors LLP – Providing successful solutions for the Healthcare Sector
Services we offer to Healthcare Professionals include:
- Quicker access to diagnostics, treatment and care for your patients
- Medico-legal Report writing
- Drafting Partnership Agreements
- Planning for Retirement, Wealth Management, Estate and … Read more
- November 11th, 2013What is a chain of representation?
Do you know what a ‘chain of representation’ is? A bunch of lawyers linking arms? A special piece of jewellery? Not quite. It’s a legal term for the situation where … Read more
- November 11th, 2013The dangers of non-disclosure
It has been reported that a father has been committed to prison for contempt of court for failing to provide details of his financial circumstances in an application for financial … Read more
- October 28th, 2013Cadbury’s vs Nestle for the colour purple…
After a tough battle at the Court of Appeal and years of battling back and forth with Nestle, Cadbury has now lost its trade mark for the colour purple which … Read more
- October 28th, 2013Constructive Dismissal Law Update
The latest case in constructive dismissal law says that in order to successfully bring a claim for constructive dismissal, the contractual breach by the employer does not necessarily need to … Read more
- October 23rd, 2013Man attacks wife in court
It has recently been reported in the press that a man has been convicted of attacking his wife in court just as judgement was about to be given in a … Read more
- October 22nd, 2013Don’t Pay Too Much Inheritance Tax
Do you know what happens to your pension on death? If you have a taxable estate and your pension passes to your spouse then the proceeds of your pension will … Read more
- October 17th, 2013Don’t forget your business when planning a will
We have been speaking to a lot of business owners recently and asking them what their plans are for their business, in the event of their deaths. It is surprising … Read more
- October 17th, 2013Help to Buy – Can it help you?
The Help to Buy scheme introduced on 1 April 2013 is expected to help up to 74,000 people purchase a property if they can raise a 5% deposit and arrange … Read more
- October 15th, 2013Top judge claims divorce law “not fit for purpose”
In a speech to family lawyers, Lord Justice Coleridge has called for a “root and branch” overhaul of divorce law and procedure. He commented that
“…current divorce and financial provision … Read more
- October 14th, 2013Who owns the sound in Spotify?
The Ministry of Sound (“MOS”) are bringing a claim against Spotify for refusing to delete playlists put together by its users which replicate Ministry of Sound compilations. MOS are now … Read more
- October 9th, 2013A new approach for financial settlements
One of the most common causes of worry and frustration for divorcing or separating couples is the length of time it can take to negotiate a financial settlement. This can … Read more
- October 9th, 2013Flooding – Don’t Get Caught Stranded
The Environment Agency estimates that one in six homes in England are at risk from flooding with land increasingly at risk from different types of flooding. Law Society chief executive … Read more
- October 2nd, 2013Billion-dollar Trust Dispute Comes to an End
Gina Rinehart, Australia’s richest person, has agreed to give up control of a trust fund containing company shares worth billions of dollars following a long-running feud with her children. The … Read more
- September 19th, 2013Property Expenses – be prepared!
When purchasing a property, there are certain expenses involved you may not have considered. For example, there are certain searches that need to be made in regards to your future … Read more
- September 12th, 2013Income tax on joint property
The First-tier Tax Tribunal recently held that a married couple’s agreement to pay to the wife rental income from a jointly owned property did not prevent the husband from being … Read more
- August 30th, 2013Employee Shareholder Status Update
On 15 August 2013, HMRC updated its Share and Assets Valuation Manual (SVM) to take account of the implementation of employee shareholder employment status which is due to be introduced … Read more
- August 29th, 2013Young globe-trotters set to be winners with inheritance tax changes
Globalisation is leading more young professionals into international work and they look set to be the winners in changes in inheritance tax rules in the UK, designed to reflect the … Read more