Our Vision is:
Myers Lister Price Solicitors is based in Altrincham, providing a full range of services to private and commercial clients. We have the time to listen, understand and deliver innovative solutions to our clients needs.
Our team consists of highly skilled ex-city centre partners and solicitors in the centre of commercial Altrincham. We take a hands-on approach to client matters, we understand that for some clients it is daunting to see a solicitor and so put our clients at ease to make them feel at home here.
Our lawyers have direct dial numbers, we answer our calls and with a state of the art case management system, this enables anyone in the firm to give clients factual information about their case ensuring we are always there for our clients.
We understand that clients want to pay for real progress, with this in mind we manage expectation to ensure clients pay for progress and not work in progress. We are skilled at providing realistic cost estimates. We write in clear English so that our clients understand and know what we expect in terms of instruction & communication.
Our partners have a strong commercial acumen and understand the needs of owner managers, we are owner managers ourselves with similar issues, along with understanding the needs of Entrepreneurs who do not want the legal process to get in the way. Committed to Lexcel, we seek out and achieve accreditation in many of the areas we practice.
Latest MLP Solicitors News
- September 1st, 2014Employment Law Update for the week ending 29 August 2014
It’s time for MLP’s quick round up of the key talking points in employment law for the week ending 29 August 2014. News Consultation on closing potential loopholes in the … Read more
- August 29th, 2014The Current State of the Property Market
Where are the regional property hotspots?We’ve witnessed the ongoing growth of the UK housing market in recent months but is it beginning to lose momentum? June saw a rise … Read more
- August 27th, 2014Pre-nuptial agreements are not binding
Although the government is yet to legislate to give pre-nuptial agreements automatic legal recognition in England and Wales, the courts have for several years adopted the position that those who … Read more
- August 21st, 2014Considering selling or merging your PR or Digital Agency?
We act for a significant number of PR and Digital Agencies and from our experience of mergers and acquisitions over the years, I set out the top 6 questions you … Read more
- August 20th, 2014Financial claims are extinguished by decree absolute – Common Misconception
Here is the third in our series of common misconceptions around family law. This week we are tackling the issue of financial claims being extinguished by decree absolute. In a … Read more
- August 20th, 2014Dealing with grief when a loved one dies
“I’ve nothing against death, I just don’t want to be there when it happens….” Woody Allen. Grief is the natural process of reaction and adjustment to loss and change. … Read more
- August 19th, 2014Companies reveal gender pay gap
It’s time for MLP’s quick round up of the key talking points in employment law for the week ending 15 August 2014. Employment law news Just four companies reveal gender … Read more
- August 13th, 2014Steps to avoid bribery when client entertaining
6 Practical steps to help avoid liability under the Bribery Act 2010
1. Top level commitmentAll senior managers and directors must understand that they could be personally liable under … Read more
- August 12th, 2014Employment law update – TUPE and unfair dismissal
It’s time for MLP’s quick round up of the key talking points in employment law from last week and the hot topics included TUPE, unfair dismissal and harassment! Employment law … Read more
- August 12th, 20145 common misconceptions for not making a Will
When it comes to discussions around making a Will, there are many reasons that people give for not having done so already. Here, we correct some of the myths around … Read more
- August 11th, 2014Client entertaining or bribery?
The line between entertaining and bribery is not always obvious and can be very punitive. It is vital for businesses to understand the offences under the Bribery Act 2010 and … Read more
- August 11th, 20145 Common Misconceptions about family law – 2
Fathers have the same rights as mothers When a child is born, the mother automatically acquires “Parental Responsibility” for that child but the father may not. Parental responsibility covers all … Read more
- August 6th, 20145 Common Misconceptions about family law – 1
Over the next few weeks I’d like to share the five Common Misconceptions about family law. The first in our series is on the topic of… The Common Law Wife… Read more
- August 6th, 2014Dragon investment
I read in the paper that a couple of entrepreneurs have landed £50,000 in Dragon’s Den funding for their gourmet tea business. This funding from Kelly Hoppen was for a … Read more
- August 5th, 2014Employment law update – parental leave, tribunals and more
It’s time for MLP’s quick round up of the key talking points in employment law for the week ending 1 August 2014. Employment law news 70% of potentially successful Employment … Read more
- August 3rd, 2014UK estates will pay £530 million in ‘unnecessary’ Inheritance Tax in 2014
- August 3rd, 2014Lucien Freud’s son fails in challenge to £42 million secret trust
The distribution of Lucian Freud’s estate will remain a secret after one of his 14 children lost a High Court bid to challenge the validity of his Will this week.… Read more
- August 3rd, 2014Will claims triple as families choose DIY executors over solicitors
- July 31st, 2014Commission decision hits holiday pay sums for employers
As the big summer break gets underway, commission-based employees can expect fatter pay packets on their return following a European Court ruling that commission payments should be considered when calculating … Read more
- July 31st, 2014Lifetime gifts revoked due to undue influence
Ruling that gifts should be set aside The Court of Appeal has this month ruled that gifts worth £700,000 made by a mother to her daughter shortly before she died … Read more
- July 29th, 2014Shared Parental Leave Regulations and more in our Employment Law update
It’s time for MLP’s quick round up of the key talking points in employment law for the week ending 25 July 2014.
NewsDraft shared parental leave regulations laid before … Read more