Corporate And Commercial Law
Commercial lawyers who provide the successful outcome your company needs
We know what you value from your commercial solicitors – proactivity, straight talking advice and business law experts who have an insight into your firm and its needs.
The business solicitors team at MLP Solicitors offers the full range of legal services giving a personal and consistent approach. This makes us one of the leading commercial solicitors in Manchester.
Our company solicitors provide a focused approach to business law giving you prompt, strategic and cost-effective outcomes.
The MLP team of business solicitors in Manchester will add value at every stage in the life of your business. Achieving successful outcomes for your business is, after all, what we’re about.
We offer a full service for company and commercial legal issues. These areas include:
Latest MLP Solicitors News
- March 12th, 2014Family law – mediate, don’t litigate!
Family law continues to face many changes in the coming weeks and months. 22 April 2014 sees the launch of The Family Court, replacing the jurisdictions of the Family Proceedings … Read more
- March 12th, 2014What is the Government doing to tackle rogue landlords?
Last month the Government published its policy paper on the review of property conditions in the private rented sector. The discussion document essentially considers what more can be done to … Read more
- March 10th, 2014Why you should have a Lasting Power of Attorney
A woman who sold her elderly mother’s house without any formal authority to do so has been ordered to pay costs by the Court of Protection. This is something that … Read more
- March 7th, 2014Employment law round up
We want to keep all of our clients and contacts aware of changes in legislation or news that could affect them or their own clients in some way. So, here’s … Read more
- March 7th, 2014Mandatory Early Conciliation A Month Away
- March 3rd, 2014Sanctimonious Sanctions: Your Litigation Friend
- February 27th, 2014Going up – from Ghostbusters to growth forecasts
- February 24th, 2014What we’ve learned from Sochi 2014
- February 20th, 2014Spring in the air?
Apologies that my Wednesday blog is a little late this week. A burglary at home on Tuesday evening put me back somewhat. Still the wonders of modern technology means I … Read more
- February 12th, 2014Does your business need Director’s Service Agreements?
- February 12th, 2014Go big or go home!
- February 5th, 2014The future is online – so what are the risks?
I don’t do my Wednesday blog as often as I should (i.e. every Wednesday!) I will do my very best from now on. My 3 pointers for the week:… Read more
- February 3rd, 2014Wills valid despite wrong signature
Wills Valid Despite Error The Supreme Court ruled this week that a couple’s Wills should still stand, despite them signing the wrong ones. Alfred and Maureen Rawlings prepared mirror Wills … Read more
- January 29th, 2014What to expect in employment law in 2014
Another year, another round of employment law reform! But what are the changes we are expecting in 2014 and how might these affect your business? Amendments to TUPE and collective … Read more
- January 20th, 2014TUPE changes 2014
Changes to TUPE and collective redundancy rules – 31 January 2014 Tucked away in the haze of the New Year is the introduction of changes to TUPE 2006 and the … Read more
- January 15th, 2014How will HS2 affect my property value?
- January 9th, 2014Why Making a Will Should Be Your New Year’s Resolution
The start of a new year is often the time when we make resolutions and think more about the future. One of the most important parts of planning for the … Read more
- January 7th, 2014Is it worth putting a Shareholders’ Agreement in place?
The value of a Shareholders’ Agreement We often have to consider the value of a shareholders’ agreement when discussing planning with our clients. Why do you need one? Too often … Read more
- January 3rd, 2014Dare To Litigate?
Resolving non payment issues All businesses aim to build good relationships with customers and flexibility around chasing payment can sometimes be tempting when looking to establish favour. However, business is … Read more
- December 10th, 2013Poorly performing Doctor in your partnership?
Top tips for dealing with a poorly performing partner. How do you deal with a poorly performing partner? This is a question we have had to address a number of … Read more
- December 5th, 2013Small Business Saturday