Company Restructure Solicitors – Thomas Cook poised for restructure
Company restructuring can often be an essential part of a business’s survival or future growth and change of this nature needs to be managed confidently and often requires legal assistance from a specialist company restructure solicitor.
Thomas Cook is heading for a restructure of this nature and whilst it sorts out the financial and legal issues of the restructure they have delayed publication of full-year results until all restructure talks are concluded.
One of the banks which was engaged in talks with the cash-strapped tour operator, has indicated it is keen for a swift resolution of the company’s debt crisis.
It appears likely that company restructuring plans will involve shop closures. Thomas Cook merged its retail division with The Co-operative Travel and Midlands Co-operative in October. Media reports now suggest that the company could now close around 200 outlets in the UK.
Thomas Cook UK and Ireland mainstream chief executive Ian Ailles said the company will “focus on what we are good at. The name Thomas Cook is synonymous with being a leisure retailer. We know we are a great retailer.” He said “It’s normal for high street retailers to move or shut shops every year. We are pragmatic about it. Some shops will come up for a break in the lease and that will create a decision point. He added “We are looking at it and we’ll take a decision. Two hundred is not the number in my head, but it might be a number we reach over a couple of years. We will talk about shop plans in the announcement to the City.”
Myers Lister Price company restructuring solicitors will steer you through all areas of the restructure. For example it may be necessary to reduce the number of management positions to increase the number of staff on the front line, or reduce headcount to enable the business to get through tough economic times. Our specialist team will guide you through the challenges you will face and will ensure that your legal obligations are met at every stage of the process.
If you require legal advice or assistance from our company restructure solicitors please contact our Commercial team, at Myers Lister Price Solicitors on 0845 0738 445 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest Myers Lister Price Solicitors News
- May 24th, 2013Breach of Contract What’s it worth?
- May 24th, 2013Taking out a life insurance policy is a great way to protect your family’s future.
- May 22nd, 2013The Patent Box – a gift for all innovative companies.
- May 21st, 2013Intellectual Property Bill published
- May 16th, 2013Crowdsourcing – beware of the pitfalls.
- May 16th, 2013Did you know that you do not have to use your insurance company’s choice of solicitor to pursue a personal injury claim?
- May 13th, 2013MLP Injury Lawyers has successfully recovered over £30,000 in injury compensation.
- May 10th, 2013MLP Injury Lawyers has successfully recovered £21,000 in injury compensation…
- May 8th, 2013Great news for Cheshire!
- May 7th, 2013Great result for SEONext
- May 3rd, 2013Employee Shareholders will now become law – Royal Assent is expected today and BIS intends to implement this new, third, type of employment status in autumn 2013.
- May 3rd, 2013Employment Tribunal fees to be introduces later this year…
- May 2nd, 2013Developments on Employee-Owned Companies
- April 29th, 2013Could a franchise be your ideal fresh start?
- April 29th, 2013Are you being treated fairly?
- April 29th, 2013The latest on Employee Shareholder Status
- April 17th, 2013Will a new “employee shareholder” status be introduced?
- April 12th, 2013The Courts Arrive on YouTube
- April 9th, 2013The death of legal aid – there are alternatives.
- April 9th, 2013Not so happy bunny now…
- April 2nd, 2013April fool?
- March 25th, 2013But it’s my name too!
- March 21st, 20132,150 AstraZeneca Job Losses reported at Alderley Park, Cheshire
- March 20th, 2013Pension Pitfalls
- March 20th, 2013Have you been TUPE’d???
- March 15th, 2013Contact a dispute resolution solicitor before agreeing any settlement.
- March 13th, 2013Intellectual property solicitors settle legal dispute for the Fred Perry fashion label.
- March 13th, 2013Council Tax Rise To Hit Beneficiaries Of Estates
- March 12th, 2013Use a commercial solicitor to keep your business compliant.
- March 12th, 2013Cash is King and Europe agrees. The new law comes into effect on 16th March.
MLP Solicitors in the news
- November 1st, 2012MLP Rebrand in Manchester Law Society Messenger
- October 23rd, 2012MLP Solicitors launches MediaCity office
- October 22nd, 2012Digital brand blunders
- October 17th, 2012Legal firm launches North West Air Ambulance support fund
- October 16th, 2012How SMEs can Prepare for Pension Reform
- October 15th, 2012A Beginners Guide to Commercial Property Investment
- September 14th, 2012MLP Solicitors Bag New Salford Office at MediaCityUK
- July 6th, 2012Gatekeep: How to pitch to Rachel Chenery at Myers Lister Price (Wealth Manager online)
- July 5th, 2012MLP Solicitors advises on business sale
- June 21st, 2010Personal Injury - Negligence