Divorce lawyers prepare for a busy New Year
The New Year is traditionally a busy time for divorce lawyers, when prospective new clients call in with plans and queries about how to instigate a breakup.
Michelle Mone, co-owner of MJM International Ltd (including the Ultimo lingerie brand) is just one of the many business owners announcing a marriage breakup following the Christmas and New Year’s break. Divorce can be a complicated process, particularly for business owners such as Mone, who founded her company in 1996 with her husband of 19 years, and is one of the UK’s most successful businesswomen.
Due to the financial crisis many businesses are suffering. Among divorce lawyers there are competing theories about the effect of an economic downturn on relationship breakdown.
One is that at times of economic uncertainty, which can include negative equity, job security and the inability to fund two homes, couples are reluctant to introduce further instability into their lives by separating. The other is that the financial pressures of recessionary times can actually pressure some to strategically end a relationship in order to secure a more favourable settlement.
Business owners may not only be looking at the New Year dissolution of their marriage but also the division of their business assets. When quantifying what is in the ‘marital pot’, the value of any business asset is likely to be taken into account and it is essential that business owners are well informed about protecting and distributing their business assets during the difficult times of a separation.
For more information on divorce, separation or dissolution please contact our divorce lawyers, at Myers Lister Price Solicitors on 0845 0738 445 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest Myers Lister Price Solicitors News
- May 21st, 2013Intellectual Property Bill published
- May 16th, 2013Crowdsourcing – beware of the pitfalls.
- May 16th, 2013Did you know that you do not have to use your insurance company’s choice of solicitor to pursue a personal injury claim?
- May 13th, 2013MLP Injury Lawyers has successfully recovered over £30,000 in injury compensation.
- May 10th, 2013MLP Injury Lawyers has successfully recovered £21,000 in injury compensation…
- May 8th, 2013Great news for Cheshire!
- May 7th, 2013Great result for SEONext
- May 3rd, 2013Employee Shareholders will now become law – Royal Assent is expected today and BIS intends to implement this new, third, type of employment status in autumn 2013.
- May 3rd, 2013Employment Tribunal fees to be introduces later this year…
- May 2nd, 2013Developments on Employee-Owned Companies
- April 29th, 2013Could a franchise be your ideal fresh start?
- April 29th, 2013Are you being treated fairly?
- April 29th, 2013The latest on Employee Shareholder Status
- April 17th, 2013Will a new “employee shareholder” status be introduced?
- April 12th, 2013The Courts Arrive on YouTube
- April 9th, 2013The death of legal aid – there are alternatives.
- April 9th, 2013Not so happy bunny now…
- April 2nd, 2013April fool?
- March 25th, 2013But it’s my name too!
- March 21st, 20132,150 AstraZeneca Job Losses reported at Alderley Park, Cheshire
- March 20th, 2013Pension Pitfalls
- March 20th, 2013Have you been TUPE’d???
- March 15th, 2013Contact a dispute resolution solicitor before agreeing any settlement.
- March 13th, 2013Intellectual property solicitors settle legal dispute for the Fred Perry fashion label.
- March 13th, 2013Council Tax Rise To Hit Beneficiaries Of Estates
- March 12th, 2013Use a commercial solicitor to keep your business compliant.
- March 12th, 2013Cash is King and Europe agrees. The new law comes into effect on 16th March.
- March 11th, 2013TUPE, or not TUPE? That is the question…
- March 11th, 2013Commercial law advice from MLP Solicitors.
- March 8th, 2013Use a commercial agreements solicitor to protect your business.
MLP Solicitors in the news
- November 1st, 2012MLP Rebrand in Manchester Law Society Messenger
- October 23rd, 2012MLP Solicitors launches MediaCity office
- October 22nd, 2012Digital brand blunders
- October 17th, 2012Legal firm launches North West Air Ambulance support fund
- October 16th, 2012How SMEs can Prepare for Pension Reform
- October 15th, 2012A Beginners Guide to Commercial Property Investment
- September 14th, 2012MLP Solicitors Bag New Salford Office at MediaCityUK
- July 6th, 2012Gatekeep: How to pitch to Rachel Chenery at Myers Lister Price (Wealth Manager online)
- July 5th, 2012MLP Solicitors advises on business sale
- June 21st, 2010Personal Injury - Negligence