Small Claims Court Service for Low Value Intellectual Property Disputes
The Government has this week announced that it will introduce a small claims service to resolve low value intellectual property disputes in the Patents County Court.
Paul Hatton Litigation Solicitor at Myers Lister Price Solicitors comments “Breach of intellectual property rights can be extremely damaging to a business. It can take years to develop a brand, product or design and a small business should have the opportunity to protect itself in a proportionate way, should its rights be infringed. Many small businesses cannot afford to pursue a court claim or are put off by the extent of the legal costs involved. The proposed small claims service will provide access to justice for businesses who would otherwise be priced out of pursuing such claims.”
The service is to be able to grant compensation of up to £5,000 per case and impose a fixed costs regime. The intention is that it will be a quicker and cheaper alternative to the existing processes. The service is due to be introduced before the end of 2012.
For more information contact our litigation team on 0845 0738 445 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest Myers Lister Price Solicitors News
- May 24th, 2013Taking out a life insurance policy is a great way to protect your family’s future.
- May 22nd, 2013The Patent Box – a gift for all innovative companies.
- May 21st, 2013Intellectual Property Bill published
- May 16th, 2013Crowdsourcing – beware of the pitfalls.
- May 16th, 2013Did you know that you do not have to use your insurance company’s choice of solicitor to pursue a personal injury claim?
- May 13th, 2013MLP Injury Lawyers has successfully recovered over £30,000 in injury compensation.
- May 10th, 2013MLP Injury Lawyers has successfully recovered £21,000 in injury compensation…
- May 8th, 2013Great news for Cheshire!
- May 7th, 2013Great result for SEONext
- May 3rd, 2013Employee Shareholders will now become law – Royal Assent is expected today and BIS intends to implement this new, third, type of employment status in autumn 2013.
- May 3rd, 2013Employment Tribunal fees to be introduces later this year…
- May 2nd, 2013Developments on Employee-Owned Companies
- April 29th, 2013Could a franchise be your ideal fresh start?
- April 29th, 2013Are you being treated fairly?
- April 29th, 2013The latest on Employee Shareholder Status
- April 17th, 2013Will a new “employee shareholder” status be introduced?
- April 12th, 2013The Courts Arrive on YouTube
- April 9th, 2013The death of legal aid – there are alternatives.
- April 9th, 2013Not so happy bunny now…
- April 2nd, 2013April fool?
- March 25th, 2013But it’s my name too!
- March 21st, 20132,150 AstraZeneca Job Losses reported at Alderley Park, Cheshire
- March 20th, 2013Pension Pitfalls
- March 20th, 2013Have you been TUPE’d???
- March 15th, 2013Contact a dispute resolution solicitor before agreeing any settlement.
- March 13th, 2013Intellectual property solicitors settle legal dispute for the Fred Perry fashion label.
- March 13th, 2013Council Tax Rise To Hit Beneficiaries Of Estates
- March 12th, 2013Use a commercial solicitor to keep your business compliant.
- March 12th, 2013Cash is King and Europe agrees. The new law comes into effect on 16th March.
- March 11th, 2013TUPE, or not TUPE? That is the question…
MLP Solicitors in the news
- November 1st, 2012MLP Rebrand in Manchester Law Society Messenger
- October 23rd, 2012MLP Solicitors launches MediaCity office
- October 22nd, 2012Digital brand blunders
- October 17th, 2012Legal firm launches North West Air Ambulance support fund
- October 16th, 2012How SMEs can Prepare for Pension Reform
- October 15th, 2012A Beginners Guide to Commercial Property Investment
- September 14th, 2012MLP Solicitors Bag New Salford Office at MediaCityUK
- July 6th, 2012Gatekeep: How to pitch to Rachel Chenery at Myers Lister Price (Wealth Manager online)
- July 5th, 2012MLP Solicitors advises on business sale
- June 21st, 2010Personal Injury - Negligence